With your wedding fast approaching from the horizon your head will no doubt be buzzing with a ton of question for your wedding venue. Fear not as we delve into what we consider to be the most essential questions you need to ask your venue as well as our own answers to those crucial questions. If you find that you still have a question that needs answered then dont hesitate to pick up the phone and ask us, we are always happy to help! You can reach us on 0131 477 3500.
With that said, here are the questions!
1. What dates are currently available – make sure you have an idea before you arrive of when you are ideally thinking
We can check dates in advance for you coming to have a look around the venue and hold a preferred date for two weeks.
2. How many people can the venue accommodate? – Again have a rough estimate in mind before you go
Our rooms can accommodate anything from 30 guest to 850 depending on which room you decide on.
3. What are the costs? Are there any discounts if you look at midweek days or different times of year?
We have a variety of packages available please have a look at our Wedding Brochure or contact our Sales team for a bespoke proposal
4. What is the deposit and when is this due? Is there a payment plan?
£500 is due at time of booking followed by a further £500 6 months later. This £1,000 is taken off the final balance which is due two weeks before the wedding
5. Can the venue accommodate the ceremony as well? What are the costs involved for this?
Yes, the cost to host a ceremony here is £250 inc vat
6. Is the venue accessible for any elderly or disabled guests?
Yes it is – If possible let us know in advance so we can have someone available to assist your guests into the venue.
7. What is the cancellation policy?
If you cancel 56 days prior to the wedding then you would lose your £1,000 deposit. If you are to cancel within 56 days of your wedding then you are liable to pay the license fee which is the total value of your wedding at time of booking. This is outlined on your contract
8. How long will I have access to the facilities? Can be gain access the night before to do any set up or a rehearsal?
This is dependent on what other events are on within the venue. We will try where possible to allow you access the day before to drop anything off.
9. Are there any decoration restrictions?
We don’t allow confetti or small sparkle crystals on the tables. We do allow candles and tea lights.
10. What time can my suppliers enter the venue to set up? How early can deliveries be made?
Again this depends on other events but usually from 10am the morning of the wedding. Please check with your wedding co-ordinator in advance
11. Is there a cloakroom facility?
12. Is there an outdoor space where my guests can mingle and socialise between the ceremony and meal?
Yes, we have a private decking area in our Bistro Cottage ideal for guests to enjoy their drinks reception after the ceremony
13. What catering options are there? Can we bring our own caters?
We don’t allow outside catering into the venue. All of our catering is provided for by Prestige Venue and Events
14. What furniture is included? Is any linen, cutlery, plates, glassware included?
All furniture is provided as well as linen, cutlery, plates and glassware
15. Can I bring in my own Wedding Cake? Could this be cut up and displayed with the evening buffet? Is there a charge for this?
We will provide a cake knife for your cake and we can cut this up and display it with your evening buffet free of charge
16. Can I bring my own alcohol into the venue? Is there a corkage fee for this?
We do not allow this
17. Are you licensed to provide alcohol? If so is there a cost for this? Do you have a bar set up with bar staff? Is there any products available on draught?
We will provide a fully stocked cash bar within each of our function suites, with fully qualified staff. Our bars are fully functional with a wide range of spirits, wines and draught products available. Please have a look at our website for our latest wine and bar price lists.
18. Is there any parking available?
We have over 300 complimentary car parking spaces located at the back of the building
19. Do you offer a Wedding Co-ordinator onsite? Will they be present on the day?
Yes, we have an in-house wedding co-ordinator who will look after you from your initial enquiry right up to the Wedding Day.
20. Do I need to provide my own security?
No, we will provide this at no extra charge
21. Does the venue provide signage so my guests know where to go?
Yes, we will provide personalised signage directing your guests to the correct entrance
22. Do you allow outside suppliers into the venue or do you have to book from a preferred supplier list?
Yes, we can certainly help recommend suppliers, however we do allow you to bring suppliers into the venue
23. Is there any accommodation onsite?
No, however we do have close links with local hotels and can put you in touch with someone if you do need to arrange any accommodation